ASTM D4171 - Fuel System Icing Inhibitors Specification
We perform fuel quality testing by Specification ASTM D4171, which covers aviation fuel additives that inhibit icing in aircraft fuel systems. These icing inhibitors may be used in jet fuel covered by Specifications ASTM D910, ASTM D7547, and ASTM D1655 - Jet Fuel Specification.
For additional information on this test method or to purchase a copy of the method, please click HERE to open a new window and visit the ASTM website.
The following is a list of tests required by Specification ASTM D4171. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; to discuss the exact testing you need, contact us today. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method name below.
- ASTM D4052 - Density & API Gravity
or ASTM D268 - Relative Density
or ASTM D891 - Specific Gravity Test
- ASTM D1209 - Color Analysis
or ASTM E450 - Color Analysis
- ASTM D1078 - Distillation Range of Volatile Organic Liquids
- ASTM D1353 - Non-Volatile Residue Test
- ASTM D1296 - Odor Analysis
- ASTM D1364 - Karl Fischer Water Content
or ASTM E1064 - Water Content
or ASTM E203 - Water Content Test
- ASTM D1476 - Heptane Miscibility
- ASTM D1613 - Acidity in Volatile Solvents
- ASTM D1722 - Water Miscibility
- ASTM D56 - Flash Point Test
or ASTM D93 - Flash Point Test
or ASTM D3828 - Flash Point Test