MIL-H-22072C - Catapult Hydraulic Fluid
We perform lubricants testing by military specification MIL-H-22072, which covers the requirements for a fire resistant water base fluid used in catapults. This hydraulic fluid is identified by NATO symbol H-579.
To read or download this specification, click HERE.
The following is a list of the tests required by Specification MIL-H-22072C. Some of these tests are customized for this exact specification. Alcor Petrolab and Phoenix Chemical Laboratory specialize in unusual and custom testing, and our testing capabilities are continuing to expand; contact one of our laboratories today to discuss the exact testing you need. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method number.
- ASTM D95 - Water by Distillation
- ASTM D1298 - Density (API Gravity)
- ASTM D445 - Kinematic Viscosity
- ASTM D892 - Foaming Sequence
- ASTM E70 - pH
- MIL-H-22072 §4.6.3 - High Temperature Stability Test
- MIL-H-22072 §4.6.4 - Low Temperature Crystallization Test
- MIL-H-22072 §4.6.5 - Evaporation Test
- MIL-H-22072 §4.6.6 - Volatility Test
- MIL-H-22072 §4.6.7 - Cloud Temperature Test
- MIL-H-22072 §4.6.8 – Compression ignition
- MIL-H-22072 §4.6.9 - Elastomer Compatibility Test
- MIL-H-22072 §4.6.10 - Static Corrosion Test
- MIL-H-22072 §4.6.11 - Stirring Corrosion Test
- MIL-H-22072 §4.6.12 - Storage Stability
- MIL-H-22072 §4.6.13 - Pump Performance
- MIL-H-22072 §4.6.14 - Vapor Phase Corrosion Test