MIL-PRF-83282D - Synthetic Hydrocarbon Base Fire Resistant Hydraulic Fluid
We perform lubricants testing by military specification MIL-PRF-83282, which covers a synthetic hydrocarbon-base hydraulic fluid. This hydraulic fluid is used in the temperature range of -40C to +205C in automatic pilots, shock absorbers, air compressor gear boxes, brakes, flap-control mechanisms, missile hydraulic servo-controlled systems and other hydraulic systems using synthetic sealing material. This hydraulic fluid is identified by NATO Code No. H-537.
To read or download this specification, click HERE. This specification supersedes military specification MIL-H-83282.
The following is a list of test methods we perform according to Specification MIL-PRF-83282D. To see more information about one of these tests, click on the test method number.
- ASTM D664 - Acid Number
- ASTM E659 - Autoignition Temperature
- ASTM D1500 - Color Analysis
- MIL-PRF-83282 §4.4.2 - Color of Finished Fluid
- MIL-PRF-83282 §4.4.3 - Compatibility of Hydraulic Oils
- ASTM D4636 - Corrosion & Oxidation
- ASTM D1298 - Density (API Gravity)
- FTM 3603 - Elastomer Compatibility
- ASTM D972 - Evaporative Loss
- ASTM D92 - Flash & Fire Point
- ASTM D892 - Foaming Sequence
- ASTM D4172 - Four Ball Lubricity
- FTM 3458 - Low Temperature Stability
- ASTM D97 - Pour Point
- FTM 3465 - Storage Stability
- ASTM D445 - Kinematic Viscosity
- ASTM D6304 - Karl Fischer Water Content